Tuesday, 20 November 2018 15:57
Sump Pumps - The Appliance You Never Think AboutYour home's sump pump is one of those appliances you don't think about very often, out of sight... out of mind. However, the reality is your sump pump is one of the hardest working and most critical mechanical devices in your home.
The Chicago area receives well over a foot of rain during a typical spring and summer season. During a severe storm, heavy rains can cause your sump pump to work at peak performance to keep your basement dry. A sump pump can be called upon to remove hundreds of gallons of water per minute.
If your sump pump fails, your basement can quickly be flooded, causing expensive damage to your appliances, flooring and your personal possessions.v
Testing Your Sump PumpDon't wait until a heavy rainstorm to learn that your sump pump has stopped working, check it for correct operation a couple of times per year. Simply pour some water into the sump pit until the unit cycles.
The average sump pump has a lifespan of roughly ten years. Switch failure is the most common cause of sump pumps failing to work properly.
Battery Backup Sump PumpsFor an extra layer of protection and peace of mind, consider a battery backup sump pump. Because severe storms can frequently cause power outages, a battery powered sump pump will run even when the power goes out, keeping your basement dry for hours until the power is restored.
Chicago's Sump Pump SpecialistsM/R Plumbing offers a variety of quality sump pump systems, including: Commander, Zoeller, Aquanot, Hydromatic and Tramco sump pumps. To find out which sump pump is right for your home, call M/R Plumbing. We'll help you choose the right unit and professionally install it to protect your home from expensive water damage.
Published in Plumbing Tips & Advice
Plumbing Tips & Advice
- Determining the Age of Your Water Heater
- Avoiding the Most Common Tankless Water Heater Problems
- Preventing Kitchen Drain Clogs
- The Advantages of Hydrojetting Drain Lines
- Is Your Sump Pump Working?
- Water Heater Maintenance Tips
- Signs It's Time For a New Water Heater
- Under Sink Disposal Not Working? Here Are a Few Things to Check
- 3 Tips to Make Your Water Heater Last Longer and Work More Efficiently
- How Water Heaters Can Affect Water Quality
- Choosing the Best Toilet For Your Home
- How Hard Water Can Cause Problems With Your Home's Plumbing System
- The Causes and Cures For Low Water Pressure
- Plumbing Maintenance Tips For Spring
- What to Do In a Plumbing Emergency
- How To Drain a Water Heater Tank
- Preventing The Most Expensive Home Plumbing Repairs
- Home Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
What Our Fans Are Saying About Mr. Plumbing!