When the Chicagoland winter sweeps through, having a reliable and efficient furnace
becomes crucial for your safety and comfort. But with so many options available, how do you ensure you're making the right decision? The home heating
experts at MR Plumbing Heating Air Electrical have put together a guide to selecting a new furnace for your home.
The Importance of Expert Advice
Before diving into features, it's important to understand the significance of partnering with an experienced HVAC company. The furnace you choose must be perfectly suited to your home's size and requirements. An oversized furnace will cycle on and off frequently, leading to wear and inefficiency, while an undersized one won't heat your home adequately. An experienced team like MR Plumbing Heating Air Electrical will ensure that you get a furnace tailored to your home's unique needs.
Furnace efficiency is gauged using the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency
(AFUE) rating. This percentage indicates the amount of fuel converted to heat. For instance, a furnace with an AFUE of 90% turns 90% of the fuel it uses into heat, with the remaining 10% lost.
A higher AFUE means more savings on your utility bills. Not only does this translate to financial savings, but an efficient furnace also has a smaller carbon footprint, making it environmentally friendly.
Furnace Features To Consider
1. Variable-Speed Blowers
Unlike traditional blowers that operate at a fixed speed, variable-speed blowers adjust their speed based on your home's heating needs. This results in consistent temperatures, quiet operation, and energy savings.
2. Variable Heat Output
Furnaces with this feature can adjust their heat output, ensuring optimal comfort levels. On colder days, the furnace operates at full capacity, while on milder days, it reduces its output, conserving energy.
3. Air Filtration
Modern furnaces come with enhanced air filtration systems that capture dust, pollen, and other pollutants, ensuring better indoor air quality for your home.
4. Dual Heat Exchanger
This component captures additional heat that would otherwise be lost, enhancing efficiency. With a dual heat exchanger, you get more warmth from the same amount of fuel.
5. Ignition System
Gone are the days of pilot lights. Today’s furnaces use electronic ignition, which is safer, more reliable and energy-efficient.
6. Zoned Heating
This system divides your home into zones, each with its thermostat. It ensures that each area is heated according to its needs, preventing energy wastage.
Maintaning healthy relative humidity levels during the cold, dry Chicagoland winters is important for comfort and health. Dry air is more than just an annoyance. It can cause respiratory irritation that can exacerbate health issues such as asthma. A whole-home humidifier
can be integrated with your home's heating system to provide comfortable humidity levels throughout your entire home.
8. Manufacturer's Warranty
A new furnace is a significant investment. Make sure to look for a model that offers a solid warranty, guaranteeing you peace of mind for years to come.
Buying a gas furnace isn’t merely about choosing the latest model. It's about making an informed decision that guarantees comfort, energy savings, and longevity. At MR Plumbing Heating Air Electrical, we're committed to helping you make the right choice.
Looking for expert HVAC solutions in Chicagoland? Search no further than MR Plumbing Heating Air Electrical. Call us today!